2016 August 03: A view of the Milky Way from the Walking Box Ranch near Searchlight, Nevada. Walking Box Ranch, originally part of the million-acre Rock Springs Land & Cattle Company was purchased in 1931 by silent era movie stars Rex Bell and Clara Bow. They purchased the Ranch as a retreat from Hollywood. The Ranch was not far from the railroad station at Nipton, California, about a one-day train ride from Hollywood. Originally called the Box K, in 1936 the ranch was named “Walking Box” after a tripod mounted movie camera reflecting the owner’s Hollywood connection.